Stay connected forever…
Directed by Richard Scobie
Written and Produced by François Farrugia
Executive Producer: Edwina Forkin
Gordon and Michael come up with an innovative business idea – namely, a social network called DEADBOOK, to stay connected with friends and loved ones forever. But not all is what it seems once they join forces with a group of investors, whose sole purpose is to make money, be it dead or alive.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT DEADBOOK
“With a french writer, an Icelandic director, and an outstanding performance from emerging Irish talent Jack Hickey, the short film ‘Deadbook’ represents the emergence of an impressive new voice in Irish film”.
Conor Murphy – Film producer and Chair of FILMBASE
(…) Deadbook looked very slick and had high production qualities for the budget. The scope was impressive for a short film, especially the VFX that was included, and the quality of acting, locations, extras etc.
Paula Heffernan – Production Executive – ELEMENTS PICTURES
Bravo. Congratulations. A job well done. Good performances, excellent production value. I think this will be a good “carte de visite” for you.
Bob Swaim, Director (Escort Girl, Mascarade, La Balance), Director of the International Department of EICAR – The International Film & Television School of Paris
FESTIVAL SELECTIONS & AWARDS
- Hoboken International film festival – NY (2015)
- Belfast Film Festival (2015)
- Chicago Irish Film Festival (2015)
- Berlin Independent Film Festival (2015)
- Irish Reels Film Festival Seattle (2014)
- Rejkjavik International Film Festival (2014)
- UnderGround Film Festival Dublin (2014)
- Chacun son court – Strasbourg Film Festival (2014)
- Galway Film Fleadh (2014)
- Corona Fastnet Short Film Festival – Nominated in BEST DRAMA Category (2014)
- Amsterdam Film Festival – BEST DRAMA AWARD (2014)
- Seatlle True independent Film Festival (2014)
- Dingle International Film Festival (2014)
- Los Angeles Indie Film Festival (2014)
- Love Your Short (2014)